Process of setting up Rstudio on a new machine
- Install the R interpretor from The Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN).
- Select a mirror close to you. Download the correct binary for your OS.
- When running through the installer, if unsure just use the defaults.
- Install the RStudio IDE
- Launch the IDE - you maybe asked to supply the path to R.
- Install the devtools. The RStudio up to date instructions are here. It is a straight forwards process; from within the RStudio IDE, click the console and type the following